5 Creative Wedding Welcome Bag Ideas
It’s important to take care of out-of-town guests travelling a long way to attend your wedding, starting with their arrival. So what better way to greet your guests than with a welcome bag full of goodies? And these welcome bags aren’t just there for show. They provide a glimpse of the festivities to come — allowing you and your groom to highlight the most important parts of the weekend with thoughtful, personalized details.
While a typical welcome bag consists of basic wedding-day essentials like water bottles and mints, more couples are finding ways to incorporate their personality into the details. Start off by highlighting the locale’s unique offerings with a re-useable map tote filled with postcards and brochures while making note of your favorite eateries and attractions. Hosting beachside nuptials? Throw in sunglasses or beach towels marked with your wedding-day hash-tag. Welcome bags also allow you to mix-and-match complementary items like olive oil and bread or even whiskey and chocolate (a nice compromise for you and your groom). Finally, for couples looking out for their heavy-imbibing guests, opt for a hangover kit that’s packed with all the first-aid necessities.
From the arrival to the send-off, you can be sure that your guests feel right at home with these creative welcome bag ideas.
1. Go for a homemade gift basket with your favorite olive oil and locally made condiments.
2. If you can’t decide between chocolate and whiskey, why not include both? Throw in personalized flasks for a stylish upgrade
3. Showcase locale’s famous eats and attractions with tour guides and samples of your favorite foods.
4. A rustic tray featuring local fruits, jams, and spirits.
5. For coastal couples, highlight the city’s beaches by providing a city guide for a fun weekend activity.